Thursday, April 03, 2008

Time

It seems as if everyone in my social circle has forgotten all concept of advanced notice this week. In the past few days I have gotten invitations to a music performance by one of my friends, a birthday party, a one year anniversary, a dinner party, a visit from an out of town friend and a Vagina Monologues performance dedicated to my mother.

The time differential separating the invitation from the event has been at best, five days and at worst, 20 minutes. One event I really want to attend and one I really should  attend. Some I might have attended, had I known earlier.

Two plans have been changed and at least one person is getting really annoyed by this new and disturbing trend. If you're reading this and you have a party, event, bar mitzvah whatever that you'd like to me to attend--a couple of weeks notice would be much appreciated.

No comments: