Friday, March 14, 2008

Down the--Oh Crap I Already Used That One

We're in our home office, which still looks like a baby room because there hasn't really been time for decorating in the past year. Jess is writing in her blog, which officially makes us hopelessly disgusting. I swear, five years ago, I couldn't have stood to be around us. But now I think we're the cutest thing ever. And apparently so does John Francis, but that's another story.

I had a dream about my friend Adrienne, so I sent her an email, and she sent me an invitation to the play she is doing right now with Artist Reperatory Theatre, called Rabbit Hole.

The play is about a family dealing with grief from the unexpected death of a child. I don't know if it's in spite of or because of the subject, but I really enjoyed it. I'm sure a big part of that is because it has plenty of funny moments as well. And also because it's superbly written. The playwright David Lindsay-Abaire, really gets it. And the actors made it feel more like peeping into someone's kitchen window than watching a play.

The hardest part about watching was really all the sweets they eat. Every five minutes, they're eating cake, or lemon bars, or creme caramel something. I wanted some bad. I even texted Adrienne during intermission to inquire about what happens to the left-overs, but she said it was a free for all--the cake was really good tonight. I'm sure for the actors it gets old, but watching, I just wanted to poach the leftovers out of the fridge when it was all over. But Adrienne confirmed that she and cake will probably part ways forever when this is all over.

Rabbit Hole runs until March 23rd and there's half price coupons in the Chinook Book if you happen to own one. I highly recommend it.

In other news, Jess is continuing the healing process. She started physical therapy today and they expect her to make quick progress. She's out of her brace a lot, doing exercises, and using her hand as much as possible without too much pain or strain. But most exciting to me is that the dishes have been washed twice now without my assistance. Oh it's the little things that bring so much joy. When she gets back on her bike (probably another month), there will be serious celebrating. And pedaling.

No comments: