Monday, May 14, 2007

Girlfriend Day

I was supposed to drive out to Damascus today to return the Haelen to the naturpathic clinic, but I haven't spent a day with my girlfriend in far too long so I put it off till tomorrow and stayed home. We both managed to get some work done (math, always math!) and then later in the day we went out in search of a park to throw the Frisbee around in. We were headed for Arbor Lodge park but on the way we found another tiny little park just a couple of blocks long filled with really large trees and a couple of small playgrounds that was practically deserted.

She warned me that she doesn't throw very well, but I think it may have just been a set up so she could run me around the park a little. :) We tossed for a while, then sat back to back in the grass and read, and took a short turn on the teeter totter before we left. I was feeling all superior holding her up in the air when we realized that the teeter totter was skewed so my end was longer. We evened it out and then took turns holding each other hostage in the air. She's 5 lbs heavier than I, so she always has the advantage but I can hold my own once I get into position.

After we left the park, we rode over to Dalo's Kitchen for dinner. We haven't been there for a long time. They remodeled and the service is slower than ever, even though there weren't many people there. We ran into H there and she reminded us that they're probably on African time, which makes sense. I suppose I'll keep that in mind next time I go, and make sure I'm not starving and won't mind the wait. I don't think Jess will be going there again though as dinner agreed with her even less than the last time she ate there. Maybe it's the lentils.

We got home just in time for me to watch the second to last episode of Heroes.

No comments: