Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Working Girl

I went to work today, a fact that made Jess very happy as she crowed last night about how I had to get up early while she curled into a tighter ball in bed and resumed sleeping.

I can't really blame her, since her job has been particularly frustrating and the latest news has her stuck there until the end of October. I'll have my hands full trying to keep her cranky level down. I'm having to pull out all the stops. I'm about this far from sending out a desperate request for jokes to help me out.

But I digress. My job wasn't a high paying glamorous modeling gig this time, but it turned out to be equally, if not more fun. A printing company near my house had a big job and needed people to help collate. The ultimate in boring. But Carmen is a poor student now too, so I forwarded the info to her and when I walked in, there she was already counting away at a table. I got set up across from her and we spent the day chatting and counting with lunch at LRBC thrown in for good measure. It was a little difficult at first, but after we switched to piles of four, five or six, it got much easier.

After work I went straight home and talked Jess into coming to LRBC for a salted caramel milkshake that was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be and then we went to University Park to play catch with the softball, throw the frisbee around and generally enjoy the sun before it leaves. We're at the time now where each sunny day could be our last.

No comments: